Smoking Cessation Success in 4 Easy Steps…
- begin a powerful stop-smoking program with proven success?
- use natural methods to stop urges and cravings?
- learn about the more subtle triggers that are blocking your road to stopping?
- eliminate the distasteful smell of cigarettes on your clothes and breath?
- stop having your hard-earned money “go up in smoke”?
- gain valuable support for your wellness goals in general?
- have access to acupuncture, hypnotherapy, and other holistic modalities in one convenient location?
Here’s the plan…
As your“smoking success coach”, I use a completely individualized, focused, 4-step program that has proven to be highly successful with hundreds of patients. How? I combine a world-renowned, crack-busting acupuncture treatment with honest, straightforward strategies designed to get you thinking and acting like a nonsmoker– from the moment you start your first treatment.
Whether you’ve been smoking for 20 years or a few weeks, relapsed, or finding it just too hard to quit on your own, you’ll be surprised at the results when your particular habits and lifestyle are addressed with care and attention. Then we can get you on the road to better health, looks, cash flow, and yes, smell.
Even the most stubborn, long-term smokers who have previously tried to stop smoking have quit with our 4-Step method in less than four treatments. (Two is the average!). More good news: most patients have no weight gain!
Still not sure it will work for you? Just read some of the compelling testimonials from patients who had the same concerns as you may have today.
I just celebrated my two years February 1st 2006 of being completely smoke free! I couldn’t dream of even smoking another cigarette. I feel better than ever! Thank you so much!
M.M., New York
Step One: Ready…or not?
Let’s face it: timing is everything when it comes to stopping smoking successfully, as well as your reasons for stopping. Do you have a week or two to devote to this goal? Are you planning a trip, have lots of social engagements, or other potential pitfalls planned? Sometimes it’s just better to have a “normal”, quieter period of time set aside, preferably free from commitments that can result in regressions into self-defeating,old patterns. Regardless, you’ll need to come into the office at least twice.
Not only do you need to be clear in your intentions about stopping, but also you need to be sure that you are stopping for the right reasons. Keep in mind that the majority of patients who come through the office do not really want to stop smoking. Let me assure you that that’s usually ok. What’s most important is your need to stop smoking for health, appearance, self-esteem, etc. That need will be a guiding force throughout the process of trading an addiction for years of freedom, better health, and personal triumph.
Take a quick quiz
…to see if you’re really ready? Just answer these true/false
- Smoking makes me feel unattractive.
- I feel like I’ve lost control of how often I smoke.
- I often feel tired and sluggish or short of breath.
- I spend too much money on cigarettes.
- My friends and family are upset with my smoking habit.
- I feel guilty when I smoke.
- Ifeel as if I’m “held hostage” by my smoking habit.
- I do not like the smell of smoke.
- I’m self-conscious about smelling like smoke.
- I feel like I can’t taste or smell food like I used to.
- I am willing to make lifestyle changes in order to quit smoking.
- Even though I’ve tried to stop before, I will persevere until I’m done for good.
- I have family and friends who will support me.
- I realize that quitting might be difficult
- I am aware of possible withdrawal symptoms.
- I want a plan for quitting.
- New laws are making smoking too inconvenient.
- I know many of the triggers make me want to smoke.
- I am prepared to identify myself as a nonsmoker.
If you’ve confirmed most –or even some–of these statements with “true”, then you’re really on your way to becoming a successful nonsmoker. Your readiness and thinking will lead the way to take action in achieving a healthier life.
I think your services have been an enormous help. I feel like I will be a non-smoker for the rest of my life!
Step Two: Take Action…Schedule Your Appointments
Contact Roberta at the Park Avenue Center for Well Being, conveniently located in midtown New York City, to begin your treatment. The basic Smoking Cessation Package includes two appointments: the first is one and one-half hours, and the second is 45 minutes. Additional follow-up treatments are scheduled as needed.
Upon scheduling, you’ll be given important “smoking homework” that highlights some of the personal characteristics of your smoking habit. These simple but crucial observations may actually be the key to what may be keeping you stuck in addictive patterns! They will be addressed in detail at the first appointment along with suggestions for thinking, eating, exercising, and making the transition to nonsmoking as smooth as possible. We’ll also think of the all-important “what if’s”, those imagined and possible situations in your business and personal life that might derail you. Don’t worry…you’ll be prepared!
From the first visit, we’ll honestly address many of the issues contributing to your present smoking habit, such as:
- What is your smoking history? What about past attempts to stop?
- Who will support you as you work to achieve your goal?
- Where are the stresses in your life, and how do they affect your habit and overall health?
- Do you want to “turn over a new leaf” today, or take measured “baby steps” over time until you stop? (I personally vote for the former approach).
- How will you genuinely reward yourself for positive results?
- What lifestyle changes are you honestly willing to make – and
what are you not willing to do?
- What natural, safe aids might ease withdrawal and help you detox?
- What does your medical history say about the healthy balance you need to achieve?
It is these types of questions that help to define the course of your treatment – and success.
Your treatment for cigarette smoking is truly unbelievable. Trying to quit on my own was a painful experience to say the least. I was just powerless over my urges for a smoke….I can’t help, but to preach acupuncture to anyone I run into who is trying to quit.
Very Truly Yours,
P.S. Please feel free to use me as a reference.
Step Three: Relax…Prepare to Reboot Your System.
It’s so enjoyable for me to observe that even the most hesitant acupuncture patient becomes instantly convinced that the acupuncture treatment is calming, comfortable…and downright relaxing.
Micro thin filaments are placed in areas that are designed to target addictions, strengthen the immune system, and balance the body. As an added boost, electro-acupuncture may be used to send a stronger message to the body.
How does acupuncture work? Chinese medicine teaches that any health issue or condition is due to an imbalance or blockage in the meridians, or pathways of energy. A focused, powerful treatment based on each individual’s constitution and history is one of the most effective ways to restore a smooth flow of energy—and to lick that smoking habit for good. In fact, most patients report that they “float” out of the office…a great way to begin your nonsmoking
Indeed, I give your name to people constantly. I have not smoked since my last treatment in October, 2001!
Step Four: Take- Home Extras…As Seen on TV!
After the treatments, you’ll be offered my special “Acupuncture To Go”, painless, tiny removable reinforcements that can be gently stimulated if there’s an urge to smoke.. A signature part of the treatment, these gentle reminders may be taken off by the patient or left on for a few days as virtually invisible reinforcements of the addiction-busting part of the treatment. Patients report that they really work!
You’ll also receive my complete “smoking package”, with tips, affirmative reading, and empowering articles that will show you how your body is healing the minute you stop smoking. Suggestions for books and CD’s are also offered, as well as complete notes from our discussion for your reference.
I feel “scary calm” because I have no desire to smoke and I’m not anxious at all. I even lost weight!
more testimonials on Roberta’s program…
I’ll suggest some optional, completely natural items that can be used to supplement your progress. Thesewell priced products may help some to fine-tune their balance and resolve when used in conjunction with the in-office treatment.
These include homeopathic drops anti-craving capsules, herbs, and a nicotine-free patch.
Convenient and easy-to-use, this safe, natural patch contains a dose of the most effective herbal ingredients formulated to alleviate symptoms of nicotine withdrawal while cleansing the system of smoking-related toxins. Effective transdermal delivery of this herbal, nicotine-free formula helps reduce cravings– and ensure your success. Order your nicotine-free patch today.
Finally, decide to reinforce your nonsmoking message with hypnotherapy. Possibly one of the keys to success, this synergistic modality helps to complement your acupuncture smoking cessation treatments with a safe, relaxing way to help your mind and body work together to accomplish your goals. Performed by an experienced, certified hypnotherapist here at the Park Avenue Center for Well Being, this extra session is strongly encouraged to help keep you planted firmly on the road to success.
Now is the time to let go of this habit once and for all …and enjoy the freedom and knowledge that you’re doing something wonderful—and necessary—for YOU.
We’re ready when you are!
To make an appointment to stop smoking , contact Roberta Mittman today … and get ready to take charge of your life.